Re: [leafnode-list] fqdn validation

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 11:53:12PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Then a default Debian system will require modification before being able
> to run leafnode. Leafnode asks to modify /etc/leafnode, and I believe

What do you mean by "Leafnode asks"?

> it's sufficient to let the dpkg output the hint if possible. The FreeBSD

Currently Leafnode works pretty much out of the box on Debian - for most
users things should be configured to a usable state during installation
by the package scripts.  I'm trying to maintain this level of ease of
use.

> port/package will also instruct the user to proceed at item #5 of the
> INSTALL -- (x)inetd.conf and crontabs will have to be modified anyways.

inetd, tcpwrappers, PPP and cron are already handled in a 90% kind of
fashion.

[Using /etc/mailname or the upstream news server name]
> This does not sound like a good idea: articles will be discarded at the
> upstream because they already have its domain name in the "Path:"
> header.

Should be OK by the time the hostname has been pasted on the front.