Re: [leafnode-list] Patches

Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but how is a patch used?  Is it runa as an executable
> script, or inserted in the binary somewhere?

Patches are generally source code patches. They're just plain old ASCII
text. Save the patch to a file (don't cut-and-paste - it rarely works).
Then run:

 patch -p0 < patchfilename

In the appropriate directory - the same directory used to generate the
patch, normally obvious by looking at the filenames in the patch.

Jifl