Re: [leafnode-list] missing messages

* Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> [2002-04-02  7:46am]:
> Peter Horst schrieb am Dienstag, den 16. April 2002:
>
> > I'm using leafnode 1.9.19 with mutt 1.3.28 and the vvv.nntp patch. So
> > far it's been great, it's just what I was looking for. Suddenly, though,
> > I am only seeing 10% or so of some of the newgroups I read regularly
> > (and which I've been saving). It's as if they had started over from
> > scratch.
> >
> > I'm not sure which config settings might be involved here, so I
> > picked a few that looked pertinent:
> >
> > expire = 365
> > maxfetch = 10000
> > initialfetch = 100
> > maxage = 365
> > timeout_long = 365
> >
> > The messages haven't moved from their homes in /usr/local/spool/news,
> > they just aren't accessible from my newsreader.
> >
> > Any idea what's happened?
>
> Did anything happen to your /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo? (Is it
> too short?) If so, upgrade leafnode to 1.9.22.rc1 and run fetchnews -f.

I'm sorry, I think I may have phrased my question poorly -- what I meant
was that some of the groups now show up as containing, say, 100
messages, instead of the 1000 they used to have. All the groups
themselves still show up, it's just that they have fewer messages than
before. Should I still try upgrading/fetchnews -f?

Thanks...

--
It makes me mad when I go to all the trouble of having Martha cook up
about a hundred drumsticks, the the guy at the Marineland says, "You can't