[leafnode-list] leafnode.spec-file provided with actual leafnode-packages

Hallo, out there,

actual releases of leafnode contain a predefined leafnode.spec-file for
package-building on rpm-based systems. I think this is a very
user-friendly sign and should be done with more freely-distributed
software. But after all there are some minor changes needed for proper
package-building:

(1)	leafnode-tar-balls should be named
	leafnode-[version-no.].rel.tar.bz2 instead of
	leafnode-[version-no.].tar.bz2 because leafnode.spec contains a
	Version-tag in format 'leafnode-[version-no.].rel' and the tar-ball
	extracts to ./leafnode-[version-no.].rel/. Package-building doesn't
	work with actual-releases from scratch when the source is named
	leafnode-[version-no.].tar.bz2.

(2)	The following diff is necessary to incorporate for proper working of
	the resulting package. I will put comments after #:

# leafnode-packages use bz2-compression, that's why a source named
# *.tar.gz cannot work:
11c11
< Source: ftp://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/pub/leafnode-%version.tar.gz
---
> Source: ftp://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/pub/leafnode-%version.tar.bz2

# Permissions of some files should be changed so that members of group
# news are able to undertake administrative tasks (run fetchnews and
# texpire):
47c47
< %attr(640,root,root) %confdir/config.example
---
> %attr(640,root,news) %confdir/config.example
50c50
< %defattr(750,root,root)
---
> %defattr(750,root,news)

A leafnode.spec hacked in this way builds fine and the resulting
rpm-package works without problems after installation.

Hope that helps a little!

Ciao
Andreas

--
         ==>          Informativ - Interaktiv - Internet          <==
         ==>           Pharmazeutische Kompetenz online           <==