Re: [leafnode-list] Migrating Leafnode

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:55, you wrote:
> Doug Laidlaw schrieb am Freitag, den 26. April 2002:
> > My hard disk is showing signs of age,  and I want to move everything to a
> > new one before I lose all my data.
> >
> > Is it possible to copy my Leafnode spool data across and have it
> > recognized?
>
> Yes. However, for leafnode 1.9.x and the non-ma leafnode 2.0b versions,
> the length of the path pointing to leafnode must have the same length:
> You can copy /var/spool/news to /usr/spool/news (even on a different
> machine), but you cannot copy /var/spool/news to /exile/spool/news, for
> example. If you do this with leafnode 1.9.x and 2.0b, Message-ID based
> access will fail because the hashing no longer works.
>
> Newer 2.0b8 versions don't suffer from this dependency.

Thanks.  I used an identical file structure, and the same version of the
software (1.9.19.)  It came across perfectly, even though I was copying from
a backup on my Windows partition.  (I have only yesterday managed to mount
the old Linux partition.)  I didn't have the permission problems that Bob
mentioned.

Doug.