Re: [leafnode-list] New 2.0 snapshot (alpha, 2.0b8_ma10pre3.2)

"Jeff Grossman" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Okay, I went and installed this new snapshot and the install went fine.
> This is on a Redhat 7.1 system.  I ran fetchnews, and that worked with
> no problems.  I started up Tin, and that worked with no problems.  I
> started up Agent, and ran a Get New Headers, and the server keeps
> unexpectedly quits on the same newsgroup.  What can I do to see what it
> is dying on?

What commands does Agent use to retrieve headers? Anything in the news
log? If not, retry with debugmode=128 in your leafnode config file.

Then run leafnode under gdb, for example:

gdb /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
run
repeat the command that crashes (GROUP, XOVER, whatever)
when it crashes (gdb writes about SIGSEGV or something), do a "bt full".

BTW, please do not quote /full/ ChangeLogs, but only relevant parts.