Re: filtering (was Re: [leafnode-list] Question)

Fulvio wrote:

> Alle 22:05, dom 19 maggio 2002, hai scritto:
>
> > This should work:
> >
> > ^Subject: \[FAQ\] RISPOSTE ALLE DOMANDE
> > ^Subject: REGOLE BASE DI
> >
> > This should work also but only using applyfilter:
>
> I got the point that multiline processing is not the best way, therefore I've
> developed an idea which consist :
>
> 1) downloding all headers (delaybody=1)
> 2) Running applyfilter
> 3) Get the body of the remained hedears (maybe delaybody=0)

I don't recommend this !
delaybody don't work with all newsreaders.

> Or merging applyfilter function into fetchnews.

No way !

> I regret my zero-knowelegde on C programming, so I can't do anything on my
> own,  neither giving a good help.
> I won't bother any longer about filter, thank everybody for your answers.

I solved this in my personal version...
If I find some time and energy, I will suggest a patch against 1.9.22.
But for the moment, I'm happy using a modified leafnode-1.9.18ma4 version
:-)