Re: [leafnode-list] Stopping User Posting?

"John Carlyle-Clarke" <john.cc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Be fair! He is not advertising _his_ company.  AVG is free AV software for
> Windows.  This is AVG advertising itself via his email.

I don't care WHOM he is advertising. Switch off that AVG banner, or get
a different software that does not tamper with mail.

Advertising does not belong on this list.

Stupid disclaimers do not belong on this list.
<URL:http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/>

I do not want to read tampered mail.

Those mail virus scanner rooks(*) should finally get a clue and have
their software place a Received: line in the header for their scanner,
or X-Virus-Scanned if they so wish, that might be useful
information. They must not touch the mail body.

(*) They'd be honest people if they told people to use secure mail
    software instead. Regardless if their software is commercial or free.

> You may not like this kind if thing, but I am afraid we just have to live
> with it.

No, I don't want to live with this advertising. I'll just set up mail
filters to drop mail of repeat offenders. They can go see where they get
leafnode support. Call this anal, but it's my time.

No further discussions on this list please.