[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.23.pre1 released
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am announcing the leafnode 1.9.23.pre1 prerelease. The header
unfolding stuff has not been tested thoroughly, please watch this
Apart from that, 1.9.23.pre1 fixes some bugs, and can now finally expire
groups that are not in the active file (group.info). It also has two new
contributed features (groupexpire -1 means: do not expire; new
timeout_client configuration option) by courtesy of Andreas Meininger
and Jonathan Larmour.
This is the extract of the NEWS file:
* 1.9.23, 2002-xx-xx
- - the FQDN "linux.local" is now also rejected
- - wildmat and mysetvbuf compile-time warnings fixed, may also fix 64-bit
- - filter on original header lines, rather than regenerated lines.
- - unfolds header lines when reading.
- - will exit with code 2 when it could not connect to at least one
- - the client timeout is now configurable, patch courtesy of Jonathan
Larmour of Red Hat.
- - on timeout, the client no longer sees the "400 Service discontinued"
- - in delaybody mode, a file descriptor leak when marking an
already-marked body for download again, was fixed.
- - rejects posts with 8-bit data in headers (which is illegal anyways).
Only broken newsreaders generate such headers. Use a newsreader that
is RFC-2047 aware.
- - Expire groups that are not in the group.info. (This will happen when
news groups are removed upstream and the active file is re-fetched.)
- - Set groupexpire for a particular group to -1 to let texpire ignore it.
Think of this as an archive function. Patch courtesy of Andreas
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.5, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list