Re: [leafnode-list] Strange unprecedented subscription

* Phil Deane wrote on Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 01:06:59AM CEST:

> I use Fetchnews with Knode quite successfully. Just started exploring with
> verbosity settings and a strange occurrence is happening. It has happened
> on 2 separate occasions now. I have mysteriously been subscribing to
> 24hoursupport. Knode is not effected, just leafnode. I know how to remove
> it immedietly, so that is not the problem, but i dont know where the
> subscription is coming from. I just find it annoying when i start fetchnews
> and come back seeing it has not downloaded any of my newsgroups because it
> is downloading 13000 24hour support messages.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything? Sorry for the vague question but i checked my
> settings and cannot find it mentioned anywhere.

Yes, I suggest you tell us, which exact leafnode version you use, and --
in case it's 1.9.something -- if delaybody is enabled.  Remove the group
from interesting.group.
As long as the problem exists, you might set groupexpire for the
24hoursupport group so you'll load only a few messages.  And please tell
us which Knode version you use and if you used any other news reader in
that time.  I vaguely remember a similar bugreport, couldn't find it yet.

Thank you,
Ralf