RE: [leafnode-list] can not access leafnode from another system

Confirmed and working Red Hat 7.2 with all updates applied as of
June 2002.  The setup is for 2.0.b8_ma strains of leafnode:

This was based upon the last current install documentation, so
it seems there is no doubt in my mind that it is correct per the
most recent beta releases.

/etc/services was not edited as use of the nntp file name in xinetd.d
              properly associates leafnode with the nntp port number.

/etc/hosts.deny

#
leafnode:       ALL
#leafnode:      ALL EXCEPT LOCAL

/etc/hosts.allow

#
leafnode:       127.0.0.1
leafnode:       192.168.128.0/255.255.255.0

/etc/xinetd.d/nntp

#
# xinetd.d script for leafnode news server.
#
service nntp
{
        disable = no
        flags           = NAMEINARGS NOLIBWRAP
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = news
        server          = /usr/sbin/tcpd
        server_args     = /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
        instances       = 7
        per_source      = 3
}

I did not do it, but it is possible to put additional statements in
/etc/xinetd.d/nntp that will allow or deny services to particular
hosts also.

---
Kevin R. Bulgrien, Engineer
Mailto:kbulgrien@xxxxxxxx

Vertex RSI, A TriPoint Global Company         http://www.tripointglobal.com/
Controls & Structures Division
1915 Harrison Road                                    Tel: 903-295-1480 x288
Longview, TX 75604-5438                               Fax: 903-295-1479

<SNIP>