Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews in parallel?

Michael O'Quinn schrieb am Mittwoch, den 10. Juli 2002:

> Now when I am retrieving this cached news across my internal 10 Base TX
> network, server limitations do become an issue.  But surprisingly, it's
> still not disk bandwidth, but CPU on the server.

Leafnode or NewsPlex? If it's leafnode, I might want to peek at a
profile (gprof, but leafnode would have to be recompiled to support
gprof, and you'd need to go chase the profile output file because
leafnode chdir()s like crazy) to widen the bottleneck, if possible. I
don't have real slow machines to test, the slowest is a K6-2/300.