Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews in parallel?

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Michael O'Quinn schrieb am Mittwoch, den 10. Juli 2002:
>
> > Now when I am retrieving this cached news across my internal 10 Base TX
> > network, server limitations do become an issue.  But surprisingly, it's
> > still not disk bandwidth, but CPU on the server.
>
> Leafnode or NewsPlex? If it's leafnode, I might want to peek at a

Nah, it's NewsPlex.

Leafnode has never loaded the system, except for disk bandwidth when it
generates the xover database.  There's no really easy way to eliminate
that, kinda like gravity.  Reiser filesystem helps, but ya' still gotta
open all those files no matter what, and that's just plain expensive.

Cheers,
Michael