Re: [leafnode-list] some strange output

In article <3D29BF2A.BeroList-2.5.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Matthias Andree  <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>This should have been rejected as duplicate prior to the link operation,
>or you have a problem that two processes try to store the same article
>at the same time and race between ihave() and the link. Or that file
>that is supposed to exist is not a regular file. Please do:

That is probably it.  I accidently had two fetchnews -P processes running
while I was playing around.  I now use find -links 2 | xargs rm a lot :->

For what it's worth, I'm experimenting with a simple perl script to
merge the content of multiple groups together.  I created a local group,
have a .newsrc for processing, and copy all of the new messages from
one group into the new local group (with a new message id).  So with
lots of messages being shoved in at once, lots of stuff is ending up
in temp.files.  And sometimes I forget and run fetchnews -P at the
sometime the regular cron job fetchnews kicks off.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/