Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode 2.0 Snapshot Question

Jeff Grossman schrieb am Montag, den 15. Juli 2002:

> I just installed the 2.0 20020715 snapshot version this evening.  When
> Fetchnews ran, it said this in the logfile:
>
> Jul 15 21:00:00 apple fetchnews[19838]: cannot stat
> /var/spool/news/leaf.node/:active.read: No such file or directory
>
> What does it mean?  There is a file by that name in there now.  I
> upgraded from the pre3.3 version.

This is regular operation after an update or fresh install of the
snapshot.

The news snapshot version uses this file's modification time to track
when it has last issued a "LIST" to all of its upstreams successfully
(for timeout_active to work). It will be degraded to LOG_DEBUG in this
expected case with an additional explanation "this message means the
leafnode must redownload the active files."

Thanks for asking though :-)