Re: [leafnode-list] Multiple NNTPHOST sources

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 12:06 pm, you wrote:

> ITYM fetchnews

  Yes, fetchnews.  Actually, I'd like to be able to run fetchnews as a
regular user (it's getting annoying to have to su just to run it, and I
need to run it manually because I have dial-up access thanks to my
rather remote location).  So can I suid it, or would that be a Really
Bad Thing (tm)?

> Shouldn't be a problem.  Put the server first which is most reliable
> at processing your posted messages (this holds for the leafnode-1.9.x
> versions).

  Not quite *that* easy, I'm afraid.  Neither server will allow me to
access until I'm dialed into their machine directly.  I have both
servers in with username and password, but it only actually *works* for
whichever service I'm dialed into at the time.

> Well, be more specific if you want this to be a bug report.  Leafnode
> version?  Are you seeing multiple downloads of articles with the same
> Message-ID?  Leafnode will get the overviews several times, but not
> the articles.

  No, I'm not waving any flags at this point.  I want to be much more
certain that there is a problem before I get all excited.  8-)