Re: [leafnode-list] Moderated local groups in 2.0b8_ma9

* Alessio Bragadini wrote on Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 05:54:33PM CEST:
> I've installed leafnode version 2.0b8_ma9 on a new Linux box (Debian
> stable) to test some local groups and a gateway with Mailman mailing
> lists. I'm pretty satisfied by the result, but I am not getting the
> expected result from a local, moderated group.
>
> my /etc/leafnode/local.groups says:
>
> albourne.funds  m       Albourne fund communications
                ^^ ^^^^^^^
Are these two single TABs?  Couldn't tell from your message.

> and /etc/leafnode/moderators:
>
> albourne.funds:funds@xxxxxxxxx

Looks alright to me, except the domain looks invalid ;)
The group is not by any means known to the outside world, is it?

> But here's a strange thing: another local mod group, without an entry in
> /etc/leafnode/moderators, shows up as moderated. If I try to post, it
> warns me that the group is moderated, and posting fails.

Does it fail?  The article should be mailed to the moderator.  Posting
should only fail if the state is 'n' (read-only group).

However, if above remarks don't help, maybe you can be bugged into
trying a newer version (many bugs fixed, a few introduced).  If so, get
2.0-snapshot-20020715a from
http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/leafnode/beta/
and apply following patch to fix an annoying bug with respect to the
pseudo article (waiting for Matthias to return ;)
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzsjty/leafnode/leafnode-2-pseudoarticle.patch

Regards,
Ralf