Re: [leafnode-list] Freebsd 4.6.1; Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version

wkeller@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello
>
> I have a problem running leafnode on freeBSD. Trying to connect from
> outside, I see the following in my mesagges file. I got the same, if I
> try to connect via telnet on port 119.
>
> Aug 12 18:18:04 idefix leafnode[5665]: Problem: your kernel cannot deal
> with 4.4BSD-style IP aliases properly. SIOCGIFADDR for interface fxp0
> address 6.4.6.0 yields 172.16.13.1 -> mismatch. Configure Solaris-style
> aliases like fxp0:0 instead. Ignoring this interface, addresses in its
> range will be considered remote.
>

> I installed Leafnode from the ports collection and added the following
> line to the inetd.conf
>
> nntp    stream  tcp     nowait  news    /usr/local/sbin/leafnode     leafnode
>

> ifconfig shows the following:
>
> fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>         inet 172.16.13.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 172.16.13.255
>         ether 00:90:27:60:f3:f8
>         media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
>         status: active
>
> has anybody a clue how to solve this problem?

I fixed that bug before I left for vacation in late July, but didn't
have enough time left to release 1.9.25 and update the FreeBSD port
before I set off, sorry for the inconvenience.

Try downloading and unpacking the current 1.9.25.devel tarball
(http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/), and drop the new
checkpeerlocal.c file into your port's workdir, remove the
make_done-file (don't recall the proper name, try ls -a in the work/
directory) and re-run make, then make deinstall, make install. If that
does not help, sorry, please wait for 1.9.25. I'm still catching up with
mail before I can fix that.