[leafnode-list] SUPPORT DISCONTINUED (details inside)

Please, people,

IF YOU WANT MY SUPPORT THEN SWITCH THOSE FUCKING DYNAMIC-IP-BLACKLISTS
OFF. NOW AND FOR GOOD. DUL and DYNABLOCK MUST DIE. NOW.

I am herewith officially discontinuing support for users that block my
mail replies on private replies, sample bounce below. I don't have the
time and the will to work around all those misdesigned mail-blocking
setups.

Don't hinder my support, I'll stop at the very first obstacle and ignore
your problem.

Why MAPS DUL is wrong, is written at
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/maps-dul-is-wrong.html

Short summary: DUL helps spammers, by forcing them to use high-bandwidth
open relays or their ISP's mail server. You want to blacklist ENTIRE
spam-friendly ISPs, regardless if the mail is directly from dialup or
via their relay. You want a "spam-friendly" black list instead.

WARNING: If you send me mail with a leafnode inquiry to my private
address and my reply bounces because you or your ISP uses dynablock or
DUL or similar blacklists, I will put you on my private "no-access"
list, so mail from you will be thrown away.

To avoid this kind of problem and still get my support,

#1 contact your ISP, telling them that the DUL and Dynablock lists are
   wrong, and 'offer' them to move to another ISP that does not use the
   DUL

#2 send your support inquiry ONLY to the leafnode mailing list.
   Exception: security relevant issues, these will not lead to me putting
   you in my killfile.

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Mail Delivery System wrote:

> <jim@xxxxxxxxx>: host mail.jg555.com[64.30.195.78] said: 571 Service
>     unavailable; [217.81.247.177] blocked using dynablock.wirehub.net, reason:
>     Dynamic IP range listed by Wirehub! Internet DynaBlock -
>     http://doema.wirehub.nl/error/errors.html#dynablock (in reply to RCPT TO
>     command)

> Reporting-MTA: dns; merlin.emma.line.org
> Arrival-Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:12:31 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXXXXXXX@xxxxxxxxx
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.jg555.com[64.30.195.78] said: 571 Service
>     unavailable; [217.81.247.177] blocked using dynablock.wirehub.net, reason:
>     Dynamic IP range listed by Wirehub! Internet DynaBlock -
>     http://doema.wirehub.nl/error/errors.html#dynablock (in reply to RCPT TO
>     command)

> From: Matthias Andree
> Subject: Re: Problem