Re: [leafnode-list] SUPPORT DISCONTINUED (details inside)

In message: Re: [leafnode-list] SUPPORT DISCONTINUED (details inside) (<3D6AAA5E.BeroList-2.5.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
on 26/08/2002 (Mon 23:23) Phil Deane wrote:

> On Monday 26 August 2002 22:35, you wrote:

<much, probably gratituous deletia>

> > To avoid this kind of problem and still get my support,
> >
> > #1 contact your ISP, telling them that the DUL and Dynablock lists are
> >    wrong, and 'offer' them to move to another ISP that does not use the
> >    DUL
>
> How do we know they are?? <probably a stupid question>

Good question.  I know (I'm confident?) I'm not one of the offenders
since I do my own mail exchange, but the place where my wife works is
one of those particularly ignorant locales that I can't send to if I'm
using a dial-up account while out of town.  Does anyone know of an easy
way to tell if one's own ISP is doing them this 'service'?  She had no
idea until I tried to e-mail her at work one time while away on
business.

-Joe.

--
Joe MacDonald