Re: [leafnode-list] SUPPORT DISCONTINUED (details inside)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Andree" <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
To: <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 5:35 PM
Subject: [leafnode-list] SUPPORT DISCONTINUED (details inside)

> Please, people,
>
> IF YOU WANT MY SUPPORT THEN SWITCH THOSE FUCKING DYNAMIC-IP-BLACKLISTS
> OFF. NOW AND FOR GOOD. DUL and DYNABLOCK MUST DIE. NOW.
[snip]

> To avoid this kind of problem and still get my support,
>
> #1 contact your ISP, telling them that the DUL and Dynablock lists are
>    wrong, and 'offer' them to move to another ISP that does not use the
>    DUL
>
> #2 send your support inquiry ONLY to the leafnode mailing list.
>    Exception: security relevant issues, these will not lead to me putting
>    you in my killfile.
[snip]
> --
> Matthias Andree

place to post this.  Possibly it would do more good on the webpage, because
presumably most people here will be posting to the list anyway.

And also with the current ISP climate you won't find a suitable support
person that actually knows what you are talking about.  A very small
majority of people threatening to leave (or if you are only covered by ISPs
that have block lists) will not do any good to solve the problem.

Possibly a policy of "list support only" will work, with the exception you
mentioned of security relevant issues.

Of course I could also complain because I get multiple failure reports just
because I use an address @myrealbox.com on this list, and I'm being punished
for spammers possibly using this domain (validly or not) in the past.  But,
what are you going to do?
--
William Hooper

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left