Re: [leafnode-list] SUPPORT DISCONTINUED (details inside)

> I run my own mail server for my personal mail.  And, yes, I do use
> the DUL list to block out mail.  Why do you need to run your own SMTP
> server via a dial up connection?  You should be using your providers
> SMTP server.  I know of a few ISP's that now require you to use
> theirs, i.e. Earthlink.

Once when trying to mail a friend I found that his ISP blocked smtp
from my address at the router level even, which was wierd, since I'm on
static IP, and there shouldn't be anythign that distinguishes me to
them from my isp's smtp server, but lo and behold, their server did get
through to them... I just configured my smtp to use the isp one when
mailing that domain, it has worked fine after that.

Running your own smtp apart from the ego-bonus, is that it will often
be faster. The smtp i was supposed to use would often take up to 2
hours to get anything delivered :-)