Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode won't fail duplicate postings

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, wildenhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Please take the newest snapshot and report back if you see that again.
> I sense a race condition somewhere, but I could not trace it down yet,
> and a few things have changed since 20020715a (but not very many, so I'm
> not convinced that would solve it).

Will look at this!

> Things that could help:  when does this happen?  fetchnews and another
> leafnode process running at the same time?  Starting fetchnews with -P,
> newsreader reconnecting to leafnode?

I assume that messages moved to failed.postings don't get deleted by a
leafnode program? In which case I'm not sure that it works at all (for me
at any rate!)

I use

sudo -u news /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -vvv

and I've just tried it now having made sure there are no leafnode processes
running and get the same failure

The other piece of information I _should_ have added is that I'm using
mail2news and these are off a mailing list that I'm redirecting into a
local newsgroup, this mailing list often has these hiccups!

Robert Marshall