Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 2.0b won't accept messages from mail2news.

On Tue, 03 Sep 2002, Arne Hanssen verbalised:

.

> I can't figure out what the problem is (it may be that Mandrake
> changes something (it runs a security script every hour)), but
> the funny thing is that "ordinary" news works ok and mail2news
> places messages in 'in.coming' - but leafnode claims that it can't
> read in.coming

I see this as well but only (I think) when the daily msec security
script is running, for me it then settles down and the in.coming
messages get posted

> (and that failed.postings doesn't exist, which it
> do).  leafnode has no problem with the other directories in
> /var/spool/news/ so why any problems with these?

See discussion of this weekend as to why they don't get into failed.postings
Whether I'm going to now 'lose' them when I get OS trouble and moving to
failed.postings works (in the latest snapshot) is another issue!

Robert