Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 2.0b won't accept messages from mail2news.

.

>> I can't figure out what the problem is (it may be that Mandrake
>> changes something (it runs a security script every hour)), but
>> the funny thing is that "ordinary" news works ok and mail2news
>> places messages in 'in.coming' - but leafnode claims that it can't
>> read in.coming
>
> I see this as well but only (I think) when the daily msec security
> script is running, for me it then settles down and the in.coming
> messages get posted

I was wrong, I see this when they get posted (or should get posted) when
fetchnews sees them and now that I have the latest snapshot (thanks!!) they
do get moved to failed.postings :-(

found 9 articles in in.coming.
store: cannot open current directory
Could not store /var/spool/news/in.coming/3615-1031250303-1:
      "OS trouble, see previous log messages for details",
      moving to /var/spool/news/failed.postings/

I think what's happening is that I run fetchnews using sudo -u news,
does sudo keep the current pwd? I guess so.
news can't open my home directory and it chokes

Why does it need to open the current directory?
Well I've looked at store.c and I can see why, it need to get back there

I tried running it from /tmp and it worked so unless the OS problem had
gone away, that looks to be the cause.

Robert Marshall