Re: [leafnode-list] could not hand over lockfile to child

Matthias Andree wrote:

> jom1@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> >> In any case, I wonder what prevents fetchnews from posting,
> >
> > I use to suppress the ID line before posting to my upstream server.
> > Fetchnews (since 1.9.22 at least) skips SILENTLY posts without ID line.
> > If you are suppressing the ID line like me, try this patch:
>
> It turned out that he updated leafnode with old posts in the queue, and
> chmod u+x fixed his "not being posted".
>
> > [patch snipped]
>
> Posts that leafnode has accepted will always have a proper Message-ID
> (MID for short from now on), provided that the hostname is correct. If
> you want a different hostname to appear in the MID's domain part, you
> can use the "hostname" option in /etc/leafnode/config to achieve
> that. No need to nuke MIDs.

"to nuke" ? what's that ? to attack with a nuclear weapon :-))

I can use the "hostname" option ?
Perhaps...
.. but the newsreader I'm using already generates a MID line and I can't
suppress that behaviour. :-(
If I use the "hostname" option, no change is made...
Only the "Path: " line is using the "hostname" data...

So, the only choice remaining for me is to left my upstream server generate
a MID line :-)
(In this way, I use leafnode like a "proxy")

--
Se vogliamo che tutto rimanga come è, bisogna che tutto cambi.
Giuseppe Tomasi