Re: [leafnode-list] New leafnode-2 snapshot-20020908a available

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:30:54 +0200, yvon wrote:
>  On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 02:26:39 +0200
>  Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I made a new leafnode-2 snapshot, 20020908a, available at
>
>  I'd like to try out this version (i'm using now 1.9.19) but i'd like to
>  know if the newest one solve distrib related dependencies problem. This
>  is a question around xinet versus inet. I'm able to run leafnode with
>  xinet but their is some SIDE effect doing that it makes my distrib
>  (yellowdog 2.3 over a PPC 9500) not able to use some option of apt-get
>  because inetd and rc-inet are requested by leafnode 1.9 and are reputed
>  to be uninstalable over this distro.
>
>  In short, is leafnode version 2 working with xinet rather than inet, or,
>  do we have some choice a .configure time ?

[root@server root]# cat /etc/xinetd.d/nntp

# default: off
# spool
service nntp
{
	socket_type		= stream
	wait			= no
	user			= news
	server			= /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
	cps			= 10 600
	log_on_success		+= DURATION USERID
	log_on_failure 		+= USERID
	disable 		= no
}

Works great for me (either this is mentioned in leafnode's docs or
I got this from mail2news docs - can't remember exactly).

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Arne Hanssen