Re: [leafnode-list] libwrap problem

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Using 1.9.19, I have downloaded newsgroups O.K., but when I try to read it
> with knode, I get a message box that the connection is broken.  It writes to
> /var/log/messages:
>
> libwrap refused connection to nntp from (host)
>
> As far as I know, I have configured everything correctly.

Does knode perchance connect to another IP of your computer, which is
NOT allowed in hosts.allow?

Most libwrap installations also ship with the "tcpdmatch" program (mine
is in /usr/sbin on SuSE Linux 7.3 and FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE, which is
outside the normal $PATH for users) that you can use to figure which
rule exactly led to the refusal -- ignore /etc/inetd.conf related
warnings when using xinetd.

Try: /usr/sbin/tcpdmatch nntp (host)     <- replace (host), of course

If you have only recently switched to xinetd, try adding "id = leafnode"
to your nntp service configuration in xinetd.conf or xinetd.d/nntp.