Re: [leafnode-list] "cannot obtain group list" error running

"William Grinolds" <wgrinolds@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Since I consider the newsgroups that I get to be dispensible, and since
> I didn't feel like copying over a gig of data over, I didn't copy it.  I
> made a whole new partition and reconfigured my fstab to start using that
> partition instead.  Then I followed the INSTALL directions like I was
> making a new installation, starting from step 12 (running fetchnews for
> the first time) since all previous steps were already done.

As you state the permissions are correct, I'm not going into this, and
you're saying that fetchnews has already stored articles.

Could you run texpire under strace or truss supervision, like so:

strace -o /tmp/texpire.trace texpire -f

Then read /tmp/texpire.trace and look for chdir("/var/spool/news") and
failures in the following lines and report back.

If you cannot figure that out by yourself, bzip2 -9 texpire.trace or
gzip -9 texpire.trace and mail the resulting texpire.trace.bz2 (.gz)
file TO MY PRIVATE ADDRESS (not to the list).