Re: [leafnode-list] Compiling under Cygwin

John Carlyle- Clarke schrieb am Mittwoch, den 11. September 2002:

> I searched the archives but couldn't find any previous mention of
> this, so let me ask: has anyone succeeded in compiling
> leafnode-2.0b8_ma9 under Cygwin?

Some time ago, someone tried, but I did not recall the final result.

Beware though: CygWin must properly emulate hard links; unaware of
CygWin I am, you may need NTFS for that, VFAT/FAT32 may not work out.

I'm also unsure about the user management on CygWin, this may be another
weak point, particularly on the Game Launcher editions of Windows
(9X/ME).

Also beware that 2.0b8_ma9 is outdated and unsupported, so if you're to
change anything to make it work on CygWin, then by all means, take the
latest devel snapshot or alpha version (look at the file date in the
tar.bz2 name) from http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ -- I no
longer support that old 2.0b8_ma9.