RE: [leafnode-list] "cannot obtain group list" error running

Joerg Dietrich <mailto:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >Then read /tmp/texpire.trace and look for chdir("/var/spool/news")
and
>> >failures in the following lines and report back.
>> chdir("lost+found")                     = -1 EACCES (Permission
denied)
>> Why does "texpire" need access to "lost+found"?

>oops. Bug. texpire builds the list of groups to expire by going
>recursively through the spool directory (ignoring directories
>with a period in the name).

>Try this 100% untested patch:

If I could regenerate "lost+found", I'll give the patch a try.  I'm not
sure if simply recreating the directory is enough to "regenerate" it
with its full intended functionality - it's an ext2fs system directory,
so I'm guessing not.

>> in the future?

>Might add some additional problems in case of filesystem damage.
>Not too sure, though.

Not that it matters much, but does anyone here know off-hand how to
recreate "lost+found"?  I suppose I could search the 'net for it, but
I'm being lazy right now.  ;-)  If it can't be done without an mke2fs,
no big deal - like I said, these newsgroups I store are strictly for the
sake of convenience.  I originally set up leafnode because my ISP's news
server was horrendously slow at the time, but it's greatly improved in
recent weeks/months, but I still like the idea behind leafnode.

At any rate, thanks for recognizing this bug.  Great software!

Bill