Re: [leafnode-list] Compiling under Cygwin

John Carlyle- Clarke schrieb am Donnerstag, den 12. September 2002:

> Of course, sorry - I still run 2.0b8_ma9 so that was the first thing I
> tried to compile.  I have downloaded the latest snapshot.

> On first attempt, configure runs fine, but make seems to have a small
> problem.  I am sure it something to do with the autoconf/automake
> system, but I don't know anything about how these work (I am pretty
> sketchy even on normal makefiles, though my C is OK -- I just learnt
> it on IDE's!).  While I am trying to learn a bit about how these work
> from the man pages, does anyone have any suggestions on this?

> $ make
> cd . && /bin/bash ./config.status Makefile depfiles
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
> creating config.c
> if test -f config.c && cmp >/dev/null .config.c config.c && rm -f config.c ; then touch config.c ; else rm -f config.c
> ; mv .config.c config.c ; fi
> gcc -g -O2  -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwr
> ite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -ggdb -fno-common  -L/usr/lib -lpcre  b_sortnl.c
>   -o b_sortnl
> In file included from b_sortnl.c:19:
> leafnode.h:12: #error "HAVE_CONFIG_H is undefined. This condition is unsupported."
> make: *** [b_sortnl] Error 1

Did your "./configure" create a config.h file for you?

Does config.log write anything about this file or the CONFIG_H option?

I might want to have a look at the config.h and config.log files, if
possible. Could you send them to my private address (not to the list)?

Thanks in advance.