[leafnode-list] Moderated Newsgroups

I am using the latest snapshot of Leafnode 2.0.  I have a question regarding
moderated newsgroups.

I just posted a follow-up to an article in comp.dcom.telecom, which is a
moderated newsgroup.  The article continues to be posted to the upstream
servers.  How does moderated newsgroups work?  Is the moderator getting an
e-mail for this article each time I try and post it to my upstream servers?

Also, I noticed in the directory backup.moderated, there are three articles
I posted to moderated newsgroups back in March of this year.  Do I need to
keep those articles in there?  Is there a way to purge those out?

Thanks,
Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)