Re: [leafnode-list] Verbosity of fetchnews version 2.0b8_ma9

Sorry for the delay in answering.

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 02:29, Matthias Andree wrote:

> > Do you believe I can mix-and-match fetchnews from a release with the
> > daemon from another?... :-)
>
> I recommend against doing so.
> Is there a particular reason why you would stick with an old daemon?

It had this strange idea that since the problem was located only in
fetchnews it could have been "safer" to update just that. I tried it
for ten minutes (it worked fine) but I realized quickly it was not a
smart idea.

Anyway, shortly after that comment I upgraded to the latest snapshot
for the whole package, and I've just upgrade to 2.0-snapshot-20020910a.
Everything seems to work fine, thanks.

P.S. I've posted in the past some comments about the problems in
building and running the 1.9 series on Tru64 (aka DEC alpha). I am now
running the 2.0 snapshot on a vanilla Debian GNU/Linux server and I've
lost the old machine, so I cannot comment if it would run or not...

--
Alessio F. Bragadini		alessio@xxxxxxxxxxxx
APL Financial Services		http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
		-- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925