Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Posting to moderated newsgroup not in local

Raymond Scholz <rscholz@xxxxxx> writes:

> On 3306 September 1993, Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> So the article is there. At least in the message.id directory.
>> Can you do a telnet localhost 119 and then "article
>> <dcoulm.y1yd6rbm91p.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"?
>
> Ah, it's there.
>
>> Check the Xref: line for the article no.
>
> There isn't a Xref header?!
>
>> Is a file with this number in the group directory? Has the .overview
>> a line starting with this article number?
>
> The group directory does not contain my posting.

Ok, I have enough information. I believe my recent changes to avoid
Message-ID clashes have caused this. I wanted to prevent that articles
in in.coming cause fetchnews to choke if you have multiple upstreams
that feed each other fast. (Jörg: CVSTrac commits #372 and maybe #376)

I believe no_direct_spool is therefore broken in 20020910a. I will have
a look tomorrow.