Re: [leafnode-list] rnews -- usage?

Tim Koenig <tk2652@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Sorry for letting that issue rest aside for a very long time. I simply
> was occupied with other things, and could not investigate into this
> topic further.

It's your site that was troubled, nobody else's, so don't worry. :-)

> I added (to 'contrib/simple-batcher.sh') the functionality to hand the
> articles over to uux, however, my upstream-site does not publish them
> -- I think I'm missing some sort of required header, there.
>
> Here's an example of an article as it appears in the UUCP queue:
>
> = begin inserted file: D.001A
> #! rnews 239
> Newsgroups: arcor.test
> From: Tim Koenig <tk2652@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: #2
> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:24:22 +0200

> --
> = end inserted file: D.001A
>
> What's wrong? All the required headers, as of RFC 1036, are there.
> Leafnode itself accepts the article without any problem
> ("no_direct_spool=1"). I don't have access to the logs of my
> upstream, and I'd rather not install INN myself...

Is "eber" or "eber.gnuu.de" your UUCP site name perchance? Then the
germany.net (gnuu.de) UUCP server will think your news is looping
because it already has your site name and silently discard it. (silently
because news articles shall never give rise to error mails except when
posted to reflector groups)

Can you try adding "hostname = home.eber.gnuu.de" to your leafnode
config and place a new test post? If it goes through, then my assumption
is correct and everything is easy as long as you leave the hostname
parameter in.