Re: [leafnode-list] Reseting list of NewsGroups

John Carlyle- Clarke schrieb am Montag, den 30. September 2002:

> Just as an aside, and not related to the question you raised, I have
> the same configuration but with an important difference.  I have my
> servers defined in the order Borland->Microsoft->ISP.  The reason for
> this is that posts to the borland.public* hierarchy must go the
> newsgroups.borland.com, otherwise no-one will ever see them.
> Configuring the servers in this order means that leafnode attempts to
> post to Borland first (if it can find the group on there), Microsoft
> second (if it can find the group on there) and the ISP finally for
> anything else.  End result - posts for borland.public.* go to
> Borland's server, posts to microsoft.public.* go to MS's server, and
> everything else goes to the ISP.

Leafnode is supposed to figure which server carries which of its groups,
and it is supposed to only post to newsgroups that the upstream server
has. So, as long as you're not crossposting, everything should be easy
without regard to the ordering of the servers in the configuration file.

If anybody has evidence (log files) that shows that this does NOT work,
i. e. changing servers is required, then let me know.