Re: [leafnode-list] Illegal headers?

Lars Rander schrieb am Donnerstag, den 03. Oktober 2002:

> After upgrading from 1.9.19 to 1.9.25, I've run into a annoying problem:
>
> When sending articles from my client to Leafnode, I very often get the
> error-message "441 Post rejected, formatting error: Illegal use of 8-bit
> data in header". I never had this problem with the old version, and my
> upstream server accepted them just fine. Also, if I change the server to my
> upstream server in the client, it sends the message without any problems.
>
> Is there a way around this? Or do I just have to downgrade to a version of
> Leafnode that does not have this problem?

I'm just wondering who I write the NEWS file for...

The first thing would be to fix the client to use RFC-2047.

If that is not an option or if you're posting to dk.*/no.* groups where
unencoded ISO-8859-15 characters are accepted, see
/etc/leafnode/config.example, look for "8bit". There's a corresponding
option.

Note: 1.9.27 has been released, it fixes some bugs. Check
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/NEWS