Re: [leafnode-list] Not propagating certain groups

Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Which mail2news? If it's the one that used to be on my old site,
> let me just mention that I pulled the plug on it. There were too
> many problems that could not be fixed in a sensible way.

it would be interesting to find an URL for a working mail2news.  i
remember skimming the net for hours and never beeing quite satisfied
with the results.  the programs offered ranged from dubious changes to
an original code base by RMS to simple awk scripts.

i think may people are directed to a python script, which carries this
header:

# name: m2n.py
# version: 0.20
# date: November, 15 2001
# author: Jean-Pierre Sutto (jpsn@xxxxxxx)
# last version: http://jpsn.free.fr/usenet/m2n.html
# leafnode: http://www.leafnode.org
# python: http://www.python.org
# procmail: http://www.procmail.org
# This python script is a primitive mail2news for leafnode (very very
# primitive: I wrote it in two evenings, so...). It transforms and
# transports a mailbox in /var/spool/news/local/ and does the right
# things in order to read it with a newsreader.
#
# usage: m2n.py [-d] mailbox

i collected the following scripts/programs from various sources, and
i'd be interested in other peoples findings:

    13850  9 Sep 19:53 /dl/mail2news-0.11.5.tar.gz
     7608 13 Apr  2001 /dl/mail2news-1.3.tar.gz
     4458  9 Sep 00:21 /dl/mail2news.awk
     4959  8 Sep 23:50 /dl/mail2news.pl
    13608 26 Nov  2001 /dl/m2n.py

clemens