mail2news, was Re: [leafnode-list] Not propagating certain groups

Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 01:04:42AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Would offering an IHAVE interface in leafnode's NNTP server help --
>> someone would have to teach that m2n script IHAVE and NNTP though.
>
> Not specifically for this script, but there is a plethora of
> mail2news programs out there that use IHAVE. Then you'd have a
> huge choice.

1.  i would like to know about this plethora, with or without IHAVE
    interface.  maybe one of it already has enough to make it leafnode
    capable, leading to the second issue:

> I just hope that nobody will then complain about the horrible
> performance of leafnode if used as a peering server :-)

2.  i don't know how important a peering nntp is, but feeding
    mailinglists into newsgroups definitely is (the poor mans
    gmane.org).  i bet many people would like in-house mailinglists
    that way.

clemens