Re: [leafnode-list] Articles Not Being Posted

Gerry Doris <gerry@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> OK, first I downloaded and install 1.9.27.  Then I did the chmod u+x to
> everything in the out.going directory and reran fetchnews.  This time it
> posted the messages successfully!!!
>
> However, all new messages are still going into the out.going directory
> with permissions of 444 and sit there until I do the chmod again.  Any
> idea how to make sure the messages are received with the correct
> permissions?

I'll bet a bar of chocolate that you have two leafnode versions installed,
and your inetd.conf or xinetd.conf points to the old one.

What were your ./configure options for 1.9.27? If none, make sure that
your xinetd.conf or inetd.conf points to /usr/local/sbin/leafnode.

Check your version:

      telnet 127.0.0.1 119

then wait for the version, enter quit and that's it. If it's not 1.9.27,
your install went wrong or your inetd.conf/xinetd.conf must be adjusted
(don't forget to SIGHUP inetd/xinetd first, and remember that old xinetd
versions need SIGUSR2 instead).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/   - leafnode-1 tarballs
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ - leafnode-2 tarballs