Re: [leafnode-list] Articles Not Being Posted

<x-flowed>
Matthias Andree wrote:
Gerry Doris <gerry@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

OK, first I downloaded and install 1.9.27.  Then I did the chmod u+x to
everything in the out.going directory and reran fetchnews.  This time it
posted the messages successfully!!!

However, all new messages are still going into the out.going directory
with permissions of 444 and sit there until I do the chmod again.  Any
idea how to make sure the messages are received with the correct
permissions?

I'll bet a bar of chocolate that you have two leafnode versions installed,
and your inetd.conf or xinetd.conf points to the old one.
What were your ./configure options for 1.9.27? If none, make sure that
your xinetd.conf or inetd.conf points to /usr/local/sbin/leafnode.
Check your version:

     telnet 127.0.0.1 119

then wait for the version, enter quit and that's it. If it's not 1.9.27,
your install went wrong or your inetd.conf/xinetd.conf must be adjusted
(don't forget to SIGHUP inetd/xinetd first, and remember that old xinetd
versions need SIGUSR2 instead).

Well, if I was a betting man I would owe you a bar of chocolate!  You
were exactly correct.  I telneted into the server and it was an earlier
version.  I went into xinetd and sure enough it was pointing to the
wrong binary.  I changed the path, restarted xinetd, and everything is
working great again!

Thanks for your help and an excellent program!

Gerry