[leafnode-list] Injecting articles manually from a file.

Hi all,

I've taken a hit on the HD my news-spool is stored on.  Using tar, I'm
going to be able to recover a fairly large percentage of the files located
on that drive, but all is not perfect.  Sometimes I only get, for example,
/var/spool/news/comp/os/linux/1234, but not the corresponding file in
/var/spool/news/message.id.  Sometimes I only get the message.id file.
Sometimes I get them both, but they are separate files, no longer hard
linked.  (And of course some files are unrecoverable altogether.
*sniff*)

What I would like to do is take all the affected files and have them fed
them back into the spool correctly.  That way all the linkages will be
taken care of automatically.  In the past I've tried placing news articles
in /var/spool/news/in.coming, and I thought those would get picked up by
fetchnews when it ran.  But it didn't work -- those files are still
sitting there months later.

Is it possible to feed files to fetchnews (or whatever) and have them
injected into the news spool correctly, just as though they had come from
a remote server?  How is this done?

Note that I do NOT want to post these articles, because I absolutely do
not want fetchnews to attempt to offer them back to my ISP's server.

Thanks for the help!

Michael O'Quinn