[leafnode-list] Leafnode Connectivity 1.9.24.rel

Hi Folks

Quick question.

I am using Mandrake 9.0 and Leafnode 1.9.24.rel and it is set up correct as
far as i know.

When I was using Mandrake 8.2 I set up leafnode and SUDO so I could access the
newsgroups and then set up a cron job to check and post every 10 mins. I have
done the same thing with Mandrake 9 and leafnode 1.9.24.rel but for some
reason it does not normally connect to the news server. It is the same news
server and my ISp is reporting no downtime for their news server, and feel it
could be due to my setup or something. Normally cron runs a script which
issues the following commands

#!/bin/sh
sudo -u news /usr/sbin/fetchnews -Pvvv
sudo -u news /usr/sbin/fetchnews -vv

But thinking it was cron I logged in as root and got the following

[root@localhost phil]# fetchnews -vv
erased stale pid 2168 host miracleexpress.force9.co.uk lockfile
/var/lock/news/leafnode
1.9.24.rel: verbosity level is 2
Trying to connect to news.virgin.net:nntp ...

And it just hangs like that. The odd time after 20 mins it connects and
downloads them, but normally doesn't do anything.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or know of a solution??

--

Phil Deane
http://www.MiracleExpress.force9.co.uk