Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode Connectivity 1.9.24.rel

Phil Deane <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> newsgroups and then set up a cron job to check and post every 10
> mins. I have [...]  And it just hangs like that. The odd time after
> 20 mins it connects and downloads them, but normally doesn't do
> anything.

maybe you're tarpitted?  10 minutes!  i check once a day and post five
times absolut max, and i couldn't read anymore of usenet on one day.
maybe the admin is ignorant and doesn't know that someone set his
server up to tarpit anybody connecting more often than twice an hour
for what could that be but a spammer...

no.  there are interactive clients connecting once per article.  so i
admit i don't understand anything ;)

clemens