Re: [leafnode-list] Any ideas??

* Michael Cozzi wrote on Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 08:14:22AM CEST:

*snip*
>     The particular script I am using to publish to the mysql database uses
> the nntp support bult into the perl imap module, and it works just fine but
> with the particular exception that it will not add news groups when the
> script polls for an unread group. I have to read the group manually through
> outlook of another newsreader to get the group to start being fetched.

Leafnode tries to be smart (subtly different in different versions) and
not subscribe a group if you only do a
  GROUP some.group
because some news agents will do that for unsubscribed groups (maybe the
act of accidentally entering a group has to do with this, too).  So, you
need to issue some other group-specific command after that to get the
group subscribed, discard the output if you want.  'STAT' comes to mind.
Don't know how to issue that with your perl module, though.

Regards,
Ralf