Re: [leafnode-list] Empty group but no placeholder (not truncated this time)

* John Carlyle- Clarke wrote on Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 09:50:05AM CEST:

> > Running the latest 2.0 snapshot, my newsreader (XNews) shows
> > a strange problem.  For a particular group it has "First" and
> > "Last" article numbers, and it shows 34627 and 34627 for
> > both.  When you try and open the group, it reports "420 No
> > articles in specified range".
>
> Er, do the developers want to investigate this at all, or shall I just
> delete the group from interesting.groups and run texpire?  I expect
> that will solve the problem...

No.  There is no problem.  As you stated, on entering the group you get
211 0 34627 34627 group.name ...

which means there are zero articles in that group.  NNTP mandates to
ignore the first and last numbers then.

Regards,
Ralf