RE: [leafnode-list] Empty group but no placeholder (not truncated this time)

I agree that leafnode is probably behaving correctly, the problem is more likely with fetchnews.  This group is in interesting groups, and is a busy group.  Fetchnews is not fetching any articles for it.  Also, there were a lot of articles in the spool which have disappeared.

It is possible that I have not read this group for long enough that it has expired, but if so, then something has failed in the expiry process.

It may be hard to figure out retrospectively how it got into this state, but I am open to suggestions.