Re: [leafnode-list] Fwd: leafnode+ doesn't finish fetchnews

"clemens fischer" <ino-waiting@xxxxxxx> writes:

> t-dialin.net (62.155.170.201). Authorization required for reading and
> posting."
> news.CIS.DFN.DE: checking for new newsgroups
> news.CIS.DFN.DE: found 418 new newsgroups
> news.CIS.DFN.DE: getting new newsgroup descriptions
>
> . and then nothing, the process seems stuck.  a second run tells me:

Please do either of the following:

1. run tcpdump -s 4096, tethereal or ngrep to figure what's really up on
   the line (I've seen the newsgroup description download be very slow
   myself, but I cannot yet tell what's up)

2. alternatively, attach to the "stuck" process and obtain a stack
   backtrace. See http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/FAQ.html, it
   tells you how to do that in case you don't know that already.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/   - leafnode-1 tarballs
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ - leafnode-2 tarballs