Re: [leafnode-list] Using FQDN

matthew.malthouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> On 21/10/2002 15:53:25 Clemens Fischer wrote:
>
>>matthew.malthouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>>> I'm uncertain, there's nothing in the headers that give clue.  I
> suspect
>>> some Windows software; it's NTL (UK) so does anyone know?
>>
>>then do "telnet <news-server> 119", the usual banner should tell.  you
>>can also say things like "help" and finish with "quit", and send the
>>transscript of that to this list.
>
> Typhoon v2.0.0
>
> That's windoish isn;t it?

Nope, that's Unix software made by Highwinds Software. However, it seems
that Typhoon v2.0.2 is current, but I'm not looking what has changed
now. Ask NTL support if it suddenly stopped working without your doing
anything to the configuration.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/   - leafnode-1 tarballs
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ - leafnode-2 tarballs